Here is our Music Video:


Below are the front panels of our digipak:

Below are the outside panels to our digipak.

Below are the outside panels to our digipak.

Below are the inside panels to our digipak.

Below are the inside panels to our digipak.

Click on the image below to access our website.

Friday 22 December 2017

Construction Post 4: Week 4 Music Video post-production

THE SOFTWARE I USED

The menu we used
I used Adobe Premiere Pro which was very useful as it allowed me to edit, adjust colouring through grading and refine audio all in one seamless and integrated workflow. This was a software that I was already familiar with through my experience with AS media. I found many tools particularly useful, the one that saved the most time was the mini menu bar which allowed me to separate all the footage into different branches, for example "Location shoots" which then opened into two separate folders "Brick lane" and "Wood Green" which had its own mini folders. This was extremely useful as this organised menu made it very easy to find specific shots that I needed. The grading tool was also very useful as it allowed me to refine colour to make the different shots as bold and bright as it could be to match the overall feel of the music video which was a "hype party" atmosphere

MY CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE VIDEO

1. After speaking my media teachers, it became clear that the projection shots were a clear favourite, as a result I increased the shots level of exposure by adding more of it to the music video.

2. I added more shots during different parts of the song to match the fast paced nature of the song and beat

3. I graded some shots to refine colour, making it look much more striking and vivid

4. I also removed shots which took away from the overall feel of the music video and replaced them with ones that enhanced the idea that we were trying to create

Below are two videos I edited 



REFLECTION ON AUDIENCE FEEDBACK

Overall, we received extremely positive feedback. The fan favourites included the rooftop scenes and the car scenes with the friends which we as a group really liked too. I'm particularly proud of this as it is something I pushed for from the beginning stages of research and planning which we even included in our steal-o-matic. In terms of criticisms, what was common of all responses was the issues behind the narrative, which many believed had appeared unnatural and forced. This did not come to a surprise to us as we had already spoken about the complications of narrative when there were no experienced actors, which as a result created a low budget effect. As a result we cut out what was once a vital narrative scene to ensure that the 'bad acting' did not create a lasting impact as before it broke realism.


OVERALL REFLECTION

We set out our roles in a way that meant that one individual worked on one ancillary product a week, however as I was the last person to work on the music video, most of it was already completed. My main role was to add the final shots there were missing and to then look over what was completed and create a list of improvements I believed should be made. After I gathered a report for audience feedback to provide my group with an outside perspective. If I could do anything differently it would be to have more of an active role throughout the construction of the music video from beginning, middle and end so that I was involved in a lot more and went through the full experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment