Here is our Music Video:


Below are the front panels of our digipak:

Below are the outside panels to our digipak.

Below are the outside panels to our digipak.

Below are the inside panels to our digipak.

Below are the inside panels to our digipak.

Click on the image below to access our website.

Friday 22 December 2017

Construction Post 5: Week 5 Digipack post-production

DIGIPACK OVERVIEW

Overall, the process to complete the digipack was fairly successful however still very challenging. This was my first time using photoshop officially and I had many things to get used to. However the process was made much easier through the step by step guide that was provided to us by our media teacher and the demo walkthrough conducted by the media technician. Both of these helped me improve my skill and gain experience with the software. The software was useful, fun and intellectually stimulating. My favourite part of photoshop was the fact that I had the ability to create and enhance images. Below is a picture of me editing on photoshop.

WHAT DID WE WANT FOR OUR DIGIPACK?

1. A creative and fun design to match the fun and care free genre of House/R&B
2. Really clear mid shots of our do for the front and back panel
3. Details: spine information, tracklist, record label, copyright information

AUDIENCE FEEDBACK WHEN CONSTRUCTING THE DIGIPACK

The first step we took was deciding the two images we were going to use for our front and back cover as well as the background images. After choosing them we decided to show them to a small focus group to see what they thought about the images.

Below are the three pictures we showed

Picture 1 - Front cover

Picture 2 - Back cover











Picture 3 - Background image











Response to Picture 1: It was agreed that the picture was nice however what really let it down was the lack of symmetry which really drew the eyes away from the artist and to the flaws of the image.

Response to Picture 2: It was agreed that this photo was also nice but comments regarding its 'dullness' were made.

Response to Picture 3: Everyone liked the background and thought it was very cool and gave the album a more professional look.

Overall: Our focus group thought all three images worked together well and weren't in anyway clashing - advice that was given was to make the images more vibrant and lively

MY CONTRIBUTION TO THE DIGIPACK

1. Front Panel

   I picked the font choice

   I added the artist name

   I added the album name





2. Back Panel

I picked the font choice

I added the track list

I added the barcode

3. Spine

I added the artist name


I added the Album name


I added the record label




FINAL PRODUCT: OUTSIDE PANELS

After working on the outside panels, this was the finished product














Below is how I responded to the audience feedback.

Picture 1: We photoshopped the T-shirt so that it would look more symmetrical, as well as this we carefully placed the album title and artist name in the same region so that the writing would catch the eye of the audience rather than the neck line. We also added more contrast to the photo so that it looked more youthful and lively.

Picture 2: We added a pink tint to this picture for the same effect - making the artist look more youthful and lively. We also used softwares like 'skin smoother' to give the picture a more airbrushed and professional feel.

Picture 3: We changed the white clouds to one that is light pink so that it would fit the overall youthful theme we were striving for. As well as this we carefully cropped out the blue space in the original picture so that there was less wasted space.

Extra conventions: our track list on the back panel is a dark pink colour which matches the clouds, the album font, the pink lips and the pink tint on picture 2. We also placed the logo of the record label on the back panel to increase the level of awareness for the record label, this is a very common convention. Other bits were added, such as the barcode and the copyright information which is standard on a album cover

REFLECTIONS

Overall, I found creating the digipack very fun and insightful, it allowed me to develop my skills in photoshop and image editing, enhancing the promo shots to make them digipack ready as well as working with different fonts. I liked working on photoshop, it was a great experience as it allowed me to develop my skills. I definitely learnt a lot from the development of the digipack.

No comments:

Post a Comment