Here is our Music Video:


Below are the front panels of our digipak:

Below are the outside panels to our digipak.

Below are the outside panels to our digipak.

Below are the inside panels to our digipak.

Below are the inside panels to our digipak.

Click on the image below to access our website.

Thursday 26 October 2017

R+P Post 3: Music genres that interest me

I listen to all types of music from various genres, some which are completely opposite to each other. For example Pop, R&B, Electronic, Alternative-indie, Soul, Rap, Korean-Indie. These varying genres have a specific time and place and I listen to different genres depending on my mood. For example, in the morning I listen to mainly soul and contemporary R&B from the likes of Erykah Badu and Solange Knowles. When I do homework I listen to more folk indie/rock such as Mumford and Sons and old John Mayer. And when I’m in the car with my friends or siblings we almost always listen to pop music or Electronic Music from artists like Ariana Grande, Dua Lipa and Diplo, Dillon Francis and Zedd.

Each genre has an individual sound and style to them, which is why I listen to them separately, for example when I’m happy, sad, trying to concentrate, or even exercising. This is because each genre has a different impact on me as a consumer. For example when I’m happy, with my friends going out its important to have loud upbeat rhythmic music like electronic music or pop music to keep the fun atmosphere going

Below I have collated some images with descriptions to showcase the different elements of genres that I listen to on a daily basis.

Rap
 
-Clear focus on the artist
-Dark lighting
-Clothes – dark/expensive/designer/gold chains
-Setting – clubs/gritty areas



Korean-Indie
 
-Orange-yellow colour tint/filter
- Acoustic guitar – smooth and enjoyable
-Casual looking clothing – comfortable but still high fashion
-Clear focus on the artist’s voice or the narrative

Pop
 
-Clear focus on the artist/band
-Bright/glamorous/high fashion clothes
-Vivid colours/lighting/props
-Upbeat loud fun music




I believe that this research would be most useful for our group project, as it would inspire us, as we’ll be able to see what makes each genre unique and why it is so well liked. For example the importance of lighting and costume, which is reflective in the different genres. We will be able to use this and adopt it into our work, making it very useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment